Job Title: Development Officer (Portfolio II)
Reports to: Director of Development
Classification: Fulltime, Exempt
Revision date: January 2017
As a Development Officer at Houston Grand Opera, you will join an energetic, high-performing Development team, passionate about securing the future of opera through the generosity of our donors. This position will be specifically focused on identifying new likely donors from current subscribers and single ticket-buyers, qualifying their likelihood and ability to contribute, building relationships with them, and soliciting their support. Our team places a strong emphasis on increasing the number of Patron-level donors, who contribute $5,000 or more annually.
This position requires someone who is personable, energetic, motivated, hard-working, disciplined, and team-oriented. Candidates must be comfortable soliciting for money, masterful in building personal relationships, and highly organized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identify HGO subscribers and members with greater interest and capacity for deeper HGO involvement through personal visits
• Work with current HGO Patrons, Trustees, and Board members to identify and leverage their relationships in the identification of new potential donors to HGO
• Identify, qualify, cultivate, and solicit new potential donors from HGO subscribers and single ticket-buyers
• Actively manage a portfolio of approximately 150 potential and current donors
• Track all activity in Tessitura, HGO’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
• Assist the Development team in staffing special events and performances, as required
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with at least three years professional experience required; non-profit or sales environment desired. Proven success in face-to-face solicitations and relationship building. Knowledge of principles of fund raising and sales techniques. Experience with Microsoft Office and relevant fundraising software, preferably Tessitura.
SPECIAL JOB CHARACTERISTICS
This position requires excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including excellent listening skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Evening and weekend work hours required. Enthusiastic belief in the mission of Houston Grand Opera. While a specific knowledge of opera is desired, an eagerness to actively learn is sufficient.
To apply for this position, please use the website associated with this job posting.
RESUMES ACCEPTED UNTIL FILLED.
more info: http://houstongrandopera.applytojob.com/apply/MDfKoSugK5/Development-Officer-Portfolio-II-And-III?source=TX+Commission+on+the+Arts