REPORTS TO: Board of Directors, Artes de la Rosa
Artes de la Rosa operates the historic Rose Marine Theater, which is a city-owned cultural facility in Fort Worth, TX. With an organizational budget of approximately $250,000, we are dedicated to preserving, promoting, and interpreting the art, culture, lives, and history of the Latino community by: (1) establishing a venue for Latino art and cultural performances; (2) offering educational art/culture programs to the community including youth in low-income neighborhoods; (3) providing opportunities and support for established and emerging artists and performers; and (4) serving as the central support organization and resource center for Latino art and culture in the City of Fort Worth.
• Curate and oversee all programming within the Rose Marine Theater and adjacent gallery and courtyard to include a wide-range of events for all ages and backgrounds including curriculum-based educational arts programming and a robust community-based rental program.
• Hire and supervise all personnel, determine the duties of each staff member and evaluate the performances of all staff members.
• Oversee and implement annual fundraising efforts including corporate sponsorships, government and foundation grants, individual giving and special events. Submit all required reports to funders.
• Along with Board and teaching staff, develop all educational programs with a focus on the quality of instruction for each participant.
• Plan and coordinate the marketing of all events at the Rose Marine Theater and its adjacent properties including social media, direct mail, public relations and media buys.
• Update, administer and enforce all policies regarding Artes de la Rosa.
• Establish and monitor annual budget including programmatic budgets for all productions, classes and special events. Anticipate any possible cost over-runs and report those to the board of directors.
• Oversee all contracts administered to / from Artes de la Rosa for various administrative and artistic tasks.
• Represent Artes de la Rosa to the community at various events in Fort Worth and beyond.
The Managing Director must demonstrate a deep understanding of cultural institutions and must demonstrate leadership, entrepreneurship, managerial ability, a commitment to work within budgetary constraints and the capacity to create a climate that fosters communication and cooperation. Specific qualifications include:
• A Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of 3 year’s management experience gained through progressively responsible assignments preferably in an arts institution of comparable complexity and scale;
• Experience in institutional development, strategic planning, team building, supervision of staff, financial planning, analysis and budgeting;
• Knowledge of and experience with the funding community, particularly foundation and government sources of revenue;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work enthusiastically with a wide range of individuals; to form productive partnerships; and to build relationships and work in collaboration with appropriate individuals and groups;
• Good judgment in conducting the responsibilities of the position, in developing and interpreting guidelines and in managing situations as they arise;
• Excellent writing and communication skills;
• The ability to be flexible, deal with pressure and develop creative and workable solutions to problems in a fast paced environment.
Competitive and commensurate with experience.
The position is vacant and will be filled at the earliest possible date.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION
Applicants should submit resumes and a one-page narrative describing their interest in the position and their experience in the responsibilities described above to Tanisia Queppet at email@example.com. Deadline to apply is April 1, 2017.
Artes de la Rosa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.