Job Title: Digital Marketing Manager
Department: Marketing and Communication
Reports To: Associate Director of Marketing and Communication
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Date: November 2020
SUMMARY: The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the Houston Grand Opera’s digital strategy – including, but not limited to, website developments and updates, email communications, and paid social media – to support the myriad needs of the HGO stakeholders. The role works within the Marketing and Communication department and is the primary manager of outside digital vendors. The Digital Marketing Manager identifies trends and develops post-campaign analytics to outline success or obstacles. The role works closely with the Customer Care, Advancement Services, IT, and Development departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Manage the day-to-day operation of HGO.org, including working with outside web developers and digital agencies, internal Tessitura managers, and other stakeholders to ensure proper functionality;
• Work with supervisor to develop and implement an overall digital strategy for the organization that supports efforts to deliver on revenue goals, online engagement, and overall communication strategies;
• Update the website using current CMS to ensure all information is current, correct, and following brand standards;
• Work with IT and database managers to ensure the platforms stability and to provide access to the API to outside sales partners;
• Work with supervisor to create and manage effective social media campaigns based on current HGO activities;
• Implement and monitor analytics for all digital efforts, including tag management, UTM tracking, etc.;
• Create and distribute comprehensive, comparative reports on digital activities and use that data for recommendations across the organization;
• Provide email marketing and paid social media strategy to the entire organization;
• Serve as quality control and best practices manager for digital assets across the organization;
• Work with outside agency to develop and implement paid digital advertising campaign. This role will work closely with designers and digital content coordinator to ensure projects stay on track.
• Keep current on web and social media trends, innovations, and emergent interactive technologies; make recommendations on new features and applications.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred (marketing, communication, or similar).
• 4+ years of directly related experience in digital marketing; exposure to not-for-profit management beneficial.
• Demonstrable experience of working with a web CMS (ideally Umbraco), a CRM application (ideally Tessitura) and email management system (ideally WordFly).
• Solid understanding of applying a consistent brand voice across all digital channels.
• Ability to create and manipulate digital assets using the Adobe Suite.
• Experience managing successful social media campaigns, and a solid understanding of social marketing.
• Previous supervisory experience preferred.
• Must be able to work in the evening and on occasional weekends.
SPECIAL JOB CHARACTERISTICS:
Detail-oriented with attention to process, the ability to multi-task, work quickly and efficiently, and function with minimal supervision while working against deadlines in a fast-paced environment is required. Must be a team player and possess excellent interpersonal & customer service skills. Some weekend and night work required. Perks include access to final dress rehearsals.
To apply for this position, please visit Houston Grand Opera’s job board at https://www.houstongrandopera.org/employment-and-auditions/ . RESUMES ACCEPTED UNTIL FILLED.
Houston Grand Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, sexual preference, age, non-job-related disability, or marital status.