Title: Director of Community Engagement
Reports To: Artistic Director & Executive Director Exempt
The mission of Ballet Lubbock, a 51-year-old not-for-profit, is to change lives. We view our classical ballet curriculum for ages three through adult, three production performance season, and community outreach activities in local schools and community centers as a means to transform our community – providing life-skills and meaningful experiences to last for generations.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for dance education and people, and believes in the transformative power of dance – someone who is dedicated to outreach programming with a strong vision for continual community engagement.
In essence, the perfect candidate:
• Has a lifelong passion and knowledge of dance and bettering their community through art. They will get to know and love Ballet Lubbock.
• Provides superior dance education with a strong background in ballet, performance, and knowledge of the diverse needs and abilities of nontraditional students and familiarity with materials and methods designed to meet their needs.
• Is strong in organization and management, enabling strong organizational impact through varied programs.
• Is excited about developing and growing programs.
• Is comfortable communicating in both Spanish and English.
A few other qualities we’re looking for include:
• Collaborative and skilled at working with people from different departments, and different backgrounds to create a unified team.
• Entrepreneurial, bringing new and different ideas to the table, and then taking initiative to make them happen.
• A strong communicator – both in writing and in person in a variety of settings, including public speaking.
• Asks great questions.
• Has a way of driving people and sees doing a variety of jobs as an opportunity.
You will be responsible for overseeing the community outreach programming including the Dance Connect classes in local elementary schools, Arts In Medicine initiatives in children’s hospitals, the Dance Abilities adaptive dance program, and community workshops. You will teach for the outreach programs as well as in the Ballet Lubbock school, schedule permitting.
The offered salary range is $55,000-$65,000, plus a monthly vehicle allowance, bonus eligibility, employee health plan, and a competitive vacation package to be utilized when the organization is dark.
If this description calls out to you, send to email@example.com:
• Cover Letter with statement of your teaching philosophy
• Video of you teaching
• If available, video of you dancing
• Salary expectations