EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TRAHC Texarkana Regional Arts & Humanities Council
REPORTS TO: Board President
HOUSED IN: Regional Arts Center
The Texarkana Regional Arts & Humanities Council, Inc. (TRAHC) is an equal opportunity employer that employs a full time Executive Director with a background in senior level non-profit management, cultural arts programming, community outreach and facilities management.
The Executive Director manages senior staff, facility operations and works closely with the Board of Directors. As such, the director is responsible for the executive, managerial and fiscal success of the organization.
• Acquisition of resources to fulfill strategic goals.
• Organize & manage resources, including:
• Personnel (e.g., management, technical, marketing and clerical staff),
• Fiscal (e.g., oversight of budgetary process and expenditure of funds),
• Business (e.g., stakeholders, community partnerships, etc.),
• Operational resources (e.g., vendors, equipment, software, etc.).
• Employee & organizational performance;
• Programs and projects via contractual agreements;
• Internal & external communications;
• Stakeholder needs & requests.
• Develop policy, stakeholder and programming.
• Collaborate with key representatives on current projects.
• Coordinate, plan and network for future growth.
Vision and Enterprise value
• Ensure operational attunement with organizational mission, purpose and values.
• Sustain stakeholder and community involvement.
• Cultivate and maintain working partnerships with donors for fiscal support of the organization.
• Other tasks as opportunities and needs arise.
This position directly manages TRAHC, INC. senior level staff, as well as the organization as a whole and associated relationships.
The ideal candidate must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function. The following requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, ability and skill level required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Minimum qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s Degree from four (4) year college or university is required [Master’s Degree preferred] with a major in business administration, nonprofit management &/or cultural arts.
• Five (5) years of responsible experience in the supervision &/or management of an arts related facility – OR – ten (10) years managerial experience in a related field of the arts, tourism and/or entertainment industry.
• Extensive booking &/or marketing knowledge and networks.
• Experience building positive, working relationships with local government, community &/or volunteer organizations.
• Experience with speech writing and public speaking.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & Mac platform essential; Google suite preferred.
• Personal Driver’s license required.
• Evidence of ongoing education in profession &/or industry preferred.
LANGUAGE AND MATH SKILLS
• Must be able to speak, read, hear, analyze and interpret verbal and written information.
• Strong written, communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Math, accounting, budgeting, business and finance skills required.
• Grant writing experience.
• Professional office environment with open door policy. Frequent typing, writing and utilization of traditional phone system and office equipment.
• Historic buildings with moderate to loud noise during meetings and events; and cool to warm temperatures in fluctuating weather.
• ADA Accessibility ramp into Regional Arts Center with stairs and elevator to navigate 4 floors; Stairs only in Arts On Main.
• Sitting for periods of time in front of a computer screen.
• Periods of walking and standing.
• Interaction with individuals, small groups and speaking to large crowds.
• Bending and twisting could occur with need to lift up to 10 pounds at certain times.
• Demonstrate a passion for the Arts, Humanities and Community Development
• Attend events sponsored by TRAHC
• Commitment to artistic quality and excellence.
• Collaborative and relational leadership style essential.
• Strong time, task & project management skills are essential.
• Solution focused, creative problem solver.
• Ability to remain calm and de-escalate high-pressure situations.
• Readily available
PROPOSED COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a full-time, exempt employee position paying $50-$60K annually commensurate with experience, paid holidays, sick/vacation leave, and insurance coverage.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit an introductory cover letter, professional resume and TRAHC Employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are available at https://www.trahc.org/employment.