Job Title: Grants and Initiatives Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Arts Council President
Date: July 2021
Salary Range: $48,000 to $52,000 per year
The Arts Council of Fort Worth manages a comprehensive grants program for the Fort Worth arts organizations that serve our community. The position of Grants and Initiatives Manager is primarily responsible for the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the annual grants program. The focus of this position is to promote the cultural growth and diversity of our city through the advancement of arts programming and offerings provided by our diverse arts organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversees all day-to-day operations of the grants program, including scheduling, information dissemination, outreach, and technical assistance provision
• Displays excellent written and oral communications skills
• Demonstrates strong detail orientation and a positive attitude, self-confident, and good listening skills
• Possesses ability to effectively multitask under pressure in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment
• Demonstrates discernment in working with individuals and organizations
• Solicits customer feedback to improve service
• Meets commitments and deadlines
• Advocate for underrepresented grantees and potential applicants by ensuring diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the grants program
• Adapts to change in the work environment and manages competing demands
• Includes appropriate people in decision-making process and makes timely decisions
• Prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Ability to effectively present information, facilitate meetings, and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
• Ability to calculate figures and work with matrix systems to determine grant awards
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Provides technical and developmental assistance to non-profit arts organizations
• Develops and revises grants guidelines annually as needed
• Manages the panel process, including selection and orientation of panelists, scheduling and conducting panel meetings
• Conducts grant award follow-up, including grant notification, program monitoring and auditing, and contract compliance
• Serves as liaison to arts organizations on behalf of the Arts Council of Fort Worth
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, from accredited college or university with major coursework in arts management, art history, humanities, or closely related field.
• A minimum of three years in arts administration or related field.
• Knowledge of MS Office software and scheduling and booking software experience preferred.
• Have experience with the granting process and grant writing knowledge.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com