POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting the Lighting/Video Supervisor in the daily operations of the lighting and video department; assist in implementation of designs as the Lead Electrician for productions as assigned.
• Assist the Lighting/Video Supervisor in the daily operations of the lighting/video department.
• Assist in recruiting and training lighting and video technicians.
• Oversee management and maintenance of electronic inventories, video systems and projectors, tracking needs, and logging significant repairs/outstanding issues.
• Organize show specific Video and Projection systems.
• Provide feedback in a timely manner through written logs as instructed by supervisor.
• Assist Lighting/Video Supervisor in supervising and leading crews during load in and changeover including show specific prep, such as rigging and lighting positions, projector setup, building booms, along with construction and installation of various lighting practicals.
• Ensuring that every light plot is hung, focused, and circuited on schedule and safely.
• Oversee lighting and video needs for other events in theatre spaces as assigned, design opportunities as available.
• Assist supervisor in creating weekly work schedules
• Special Events: Responsible for the scheduling, logistics and technical requirements of company events, rentals, and other use of spaces.
• Attend staff, design, and/or production meetings as assigned.
• Support technical needs of all rentals as required.
• All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of ZACH Theatre.
• Assist Lighting Supervisor in all pre-production paperwork including scheduling, logistics, plots, focus, safety plans, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Expected to climb ladders, and operate personnel lift
• Work evenings and weekends as needed
• Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time
• Work at height which may exceed 40 feet
• Lift and carry up to 60 pounds
• Flexibility to work in related departments as needed
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Three years’ experience in professional lighting production
• Bachelor’s degree preferred with theatre emphasis (lighting preferred)
• ETCP Certified preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Previous experience as a Lead Electrician, preferably in a LORT setting
• Good working knowledge of ETC Consoles, and Christie Projectors
• Working knowledge of AC and DC electrics, including single and three-phase power
• Working knowledge of Lightwright, Vectorworks, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Qlab.
• Good leadership and people management skills
• Self-motivated with a desire to learn
• Ability to maintain a safe workplace
• Ability to plan and organize
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to manage time requirements efficiently
• Ability to adapt to new situations
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Working knowledge of theatrical rigging and servicing Vari*Light and High End Fixtures preferred
Salary: $17.50+ an hour, depending on experience
As part of our commitment to ensuring an equitable, diverse and inclusive workforce we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the following categories in a cover letter or note that you include in your email:
Gender: Woman, Man, Genderqueer/Gender non-binary, prefer to self-describe
Pronouns: Please include your pronouns.
Ethnicity: Hispanic or Latino, White (not Hispanic or Latino) Black or African American (not Hispanic or Latino), Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander (not Hispanic or Latino), Asian (not Hispanic or Latino), Native American or Alaska Native (not Hispanic or Latino), Two or more races (not Hispanic or Latino)
Actor’s Equity Association has set up strict guidelines that must be followed to allow Equity Actors members to work in future productions. ZACH is intending to operate as a fully vaccinated workplace per the guidance issued by Actors Equity.