In charge of the on time and on budget execution of Scenic Painting of Scenery for Main Stage, Education and Event productions. Maintains budgets, creates calendars and schedules. Maintains cleanliness, organization of paint shop. Develops painting process and techniques for all the shows. Support Scenic Studios in all scopes of work, including properties, carpentry, and load ins/outs as necessary.
Great Benefits Offered!
– Employer Paid Healthcare
– Paid Vacation, Personal & Sick Time
– 401k Matching Program
– Free Tickets to Shows
• Participation in production process to further interdepartmental collaboration and the artistic vision of the production.
• Complete the scenic and properties paint needs in line with provided renderings, design meetings, and/or direction from designers, Production and Technical Director, or Scenic Studios Supervisor.
• Stay informed of health and safety issues regarding materials and equipment.
• Conduct tests and provide samples for approval by Scenic and Lighting Designers as well as production team to determine appropriate painting processes.
• Maintain safe and clean work environment in all shops, theatres and designated paint spaces.
• Responsible for maintenance, and inventory of equipment and other supplies.
• Assist other departments as time and production needs demand.
• Broad knowledge of theatrical paints, dyes and scenic painting techniques
• Broad knowledge of foam carving techniques
• Understanding of design process
• Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, manage projects and multitask
• Ability to work as a team member and maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing
• Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
• Special Events: Works with Technical Director and ATD in the scheduling, logistics and technical requirements of company events.
• Rental Program: Support technical needs of the facility rental program
• All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of ZACH Theatre.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Ability to lift, push, pull or otherwise maneuver up to 70 lbs repeatedly, either alone or with assistance.
• May be required to work nights or weekends.
• Comfortable working on ladders, mechanical lifts or other high places.
• Comfortable working in confined spaces.
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum: 3 Years Professional Scenic Painting experience OR combination of 2 years’ experience and a BFA
• Preferred: 5 Years Professional Scenic Painting experience in progressive leadership roles OR combination of 2 years’ experience and an MFA
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of MS Office including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
• Basic knowledge of drafting software; either ACAD or Vectorworks
• Knowledge of Photoshop, Abode Illustrator or other imaging software.
• A working knowledge of theatre history and the design processes.
• Experience with airless sprayer equipment.
• Broad understanding of scenic paint techniques, tools, and resources.
• Demonstrated ability in developing and maintaining a budget.
• Ability to interpret scale drawings and renderings.
• Basic understanding of projectors to facilitate scenic painting.
• Understanding of and consistent safe use of PPE in the paint shop.
• Basic understanding of carpentry and sewing (drop repairs/soft good builds)
• Demonstrated ability to mix color and match samples
• Strong understanding of stains and other non-paint finishes
• Experience in cutting, carving, shaping, sealing, and painting foam and foam products
Salary: $33,000 – $40,000
To apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of our commitment to ensuring an equitable, diverse and inclusive workforce we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the following categories in a cover letter or note that you include in your email:
Gender: Woman, Man, Genderqueer/Gender non-binary, prefer to self-describe
Pronouns: Please include your pronouns.
Ethnicity: Hispanic or Latino, White (not Hispanic or Latino) Black or African American (not Hispanic or Latino), Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander (not Hispanic or Latino), Asian (not Hispanic or Latino), Native American or Alaska Native (not Hispanic or Latino), Two or more races (not Hispanic or Latino)
Actor’s Equity Association has set up strict guidelines that must be followed to allow Equity Actors members to work in future productions. ZACH is intending to operate as a fully vaccinated workplace per the guidance issued by Actors Equity.