JOB SUMMARY: As Membership Manager for the Austin Symphony Orchestra (ASO) an ideal candidate will build members from the ground up, execute a solicitation and retention plan, and integrate a fundraising program with inaugural members. Part of the new Membership program may include a collaborative effort with the Director of Marketing to create an online store for ASO fans to purchase new swag and merch. Overseeing comprehensive campaign management for online components, Thank-a-Thon coordination with our exemplary board, and direct mailings to grow the number and investment of members to ASO. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to create the best experience for members and potential members to learn about and be part of the Austin Symphony.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Create and execute an annual plan and a five (5) year strategic plan/rolling for raising membership revenue. Identify the comprehensive elements of the plan: budgeting (income/expenses), operational management, resources required (paperclips to people), reporting and tracking of the membership program.
● Understand the migration of donors into the membership program and/or the continued relationship through Thank-a-Thon and annual giving.
● Navigate and care for individual donors primarily under $2,500 per individual annually
● Supervise the management of the renewal and acquisition of members and communicate with Marketing to ensure that messaging is consistently integrated through all communication: online, e-blast, direct mail and in person.
● Identify and implement new methods of acquiring members, facilitates growth in membership revenue through the implementation of industry best practices and innovative new strategies.
● Create and institute a Welcoming Committee during concerts in efforts to add new members and educate patrons and their families.
● Manage all events that are relevant to the ASO Development Department.
● Manage event communications with staff, venue, guests and ASO staff and musicians if applicable
● Ensure all donors, members of society levels, guests and board members are properly recognized at events according to benefits
● Work with Development team to cultivate and steward donors through events
● Strategize on event efficacy and implement any necessary adaptations or new strategies
● Create messaging, programming, and acts as executive producer for fund drives.
● Work with Marketing on the management of all e-appeals and online membership drives, as part of larger comprehensive engagement and communication plan for fundraising.
● Track campaign performance and membership metrics.
● Create, edit, and track all appropriate invitations and review relevant invite processes in collaboration with Development CRM manager
● Internally collaborates with: Marketing and communications, data management, and other external facing teams.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
● Collaborate and work with WSL (Women’s Symphony League) in collaboration with Development
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; preferably in a nonprofit, marketing or customer service industry. Ideally, five (5) to seven (7) years of nonprofit fundraising experience in annual fund campaigns using a variety of direct response techniques.
● Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and track direct marketing campaigns.
● Measured results and identified skills in creative fundraising and success in meeting organizational goals.
● Ability to track multiple projects successfully. Independently prioritize a heavy workload, at times working under pressure and deadlines or with redirection from leadership.
● Supervisory experience helpful.
● Exceptional oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
● Critical, good judgment and the ability to handle confidential matters.
● Proficiency working with computer systems – MS Office Suite and CRMs
● Development, coordination and implementation of strategies targeted donor base with prospects and members
● Facilitation of collaborative relationships with various constituents to enhance the developments fundraising efforts
● Facilitation and/or oversight of day-to-day activities of a development office
● Direct identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift donors and prospects
● Supervision of volunteers and/or lower-level staff in the execution of development activities
● Bachelor’s degree; a minimum of five (5) years of documented development experience with a $3M to $5M nonprofit;
● Medium to advanced skilled use of Microsoft Office Suite, with proficient and strong/advanced competency in Excel
● Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with ability to clearly
For job details and information on how to apply: https://austinsymphony.org/about/careers/