The Rentals Manager is responsible for the booking, sales, and logistical execution of rental events at ZACH Theatre. The Rentals Manager works closely with external clients, vendors, and all internal departments to execute rental events in multiple venue spaces at ZACH Theatre. The Rentals Manager manages relationships with ongoing ZACH rental clients, collaborates on the strategic growth of ZACH’s venue rental program, and helps identify new opportunities for rental income to enhance ZACH’s position as a major venue within the greater Austin Community.
Great Benefits Offered!
– 100% Paid Employer Healthcare Premiums for Employee
– Paid Vacation, Personal & Sick Time
– 401k Matching Program
– Free Parking
– Free Tickets to Shows
• Promote, book, and execute contracts with site rental clients for multiple venue spaces at ZACH Theatre.
• With assistance from the General Manager, develop and maintain annual budget for ZACH’s venue rental program.
• Oversee execution of rental events, particularly events that are “non-recurring” (e.g., not regular, weekly rentals.) Collaborate with internal departments for management of rental events as well as client/vendor management.
• Ensure the collection, organization and communication of all rental production needs including staffing no less than 30 days prior to each rental. Documentation for rentals must be reviewed and approved by Director of Production prior to distribution.
• Communicate with the General Manager and other ZACH departments, as needed, on all aspects of rentals events, particularly about details that will affect the cost of an event for a client. Updates Rental Events’ Process Checklists, Inventory Lists, and Staffing Spreadsheets regularly, with input from appropriate Department Heads.
• Manage, train and schedule “day of” Event Managers.
• Assure all aspects of rental events are compliant with ZACH and City of Austin regulations.
• Collaborate with internal departments on execution of rental events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
• Outdoor work may be required
• Frequent standing and lifting required, no more than 20 lbs.
• Develop work environment that delivers exceptional customer service under stress
• Ability to work independently or in close proximity to team members while managing all aspects of position
• Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of education and experience that yields the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
• CMP or CSEP preferred
• TABC and Food Handler preferred
• Industry Experience:
• Required: 3-5 years’ experience in venue management/venue sales or event management
• Preferred: Experience working for a non–profit organization
• Preferred: Technical Theatre experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• General knowledge of theatre arts organizational practices
• Working knowledge of event management principles and regulations
• Working knowledge of the contracting process, permits and forms
• Strong Management skills
• Strong communication skills and excellent customer service
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
Please visit our website to view full description and benefits: https://zachtheatre.org/about-us/work-with-us/working-at-zach/
To apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com.
As part of our commitment to ensuring an equitable, diverse and inclusive workforce we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the following categories in a cover letter or note that you include in your email:
Gender: Woman, Man, Genderqueer/Gender non-binary, prefer to self-describe
Pronouns: Please include your pronouns.
Ethnicity: Hispanic or Latino, White (not Hispanic or Latino) Black or African American (not Hispanic or Latino), Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander (not Hispanic or Latino), Asian (not Hispanic or Latino), Native American or Alaska Native (not Hispanic or Latino), Two or more races (not Hispanic or Latino)
ZACH is intending to operate as a fully vaccinated workplace and following CDC guidelines for being up to date on vaccinations, as well as Austin Public Health recommendations.
Rate: $48,000 – $52,000, including 100% employer paid healthcare premium for employee
Come work at ZACH!
• Be a part of an artistic community of Austin, for Austin, by Austin with over 100 years of producing in the Austin area
• Featuring three theaters: a 420 Proscenium Theatre, 225 Seat Thrust, and 100 Seat Arena
• 20,000 sq ft offsite Scenic Studios with dedicated Carpentry, Welding, Paints, and Props Shops as well as on site Prop Storage
• Commitment to artistically inspiring and innovative work including New Works, Regional and World Premieres, and Theater for Young Audiences