To construct scenery and set pieces in accordance with plans provided by technical management; includes carpentry, welding, work with plastics, foams, fabrics, or other materials (conventional and unconventional).
Great Benefits Offered!
– 100% Paid Employer Healthcare Premiums for Employee
– Paid Vacation, Personal & Sick Time
– 401k Matching Program
– Free Parking
– Free Tickets to Shows
● Construct scenery and set pieces as instructed by the Director of Production, TD, or ATD – Drafting.
● Help lead overhire crews on specific projects or operations without direct supervision.
● Install scenery on stage including mechanically moving pieces, stationary pieces, and flying pieces.
● Prepare area around the stage; which could include special railings, stage extensions, seat installation, and other duties that could pertain to any specific production.
● Participate in the strike of the set at the end of the performance run.
● Assist other departments as time and production allow.
● Cleaning up after specific duties are performed, and assist in cleaning all areas of the shop floor or stage areas.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
● Ability to lift, push, pull or otherwise maneuver up to 70 lbs repeatedly, either alone or with assistance.
● Comfortable working on ladders, mechanical lifts, or heights up to 57ft in the grid.
● Comfortable working in confined spaces.
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
● 2 Years Professional Carpentry, Welding, or combination of education and work experience that yields the required skills and abilities OR B.A in Theatre with an emphasis on scenic construction
Please visit our website to view full description and benefits: https://zachtheatre.org/about-us/work-with-us/working-at-zach/
To apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of our commitment to ensuring an equitable, diverse and inclusive workforce we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the following categories in a cover letter or note that you include in your email:
Gender: Woman, Man, Genderqueer/Gender non-binary, prefer to self-describe
Pronouns: Please include your pronouns.
Ethnicity: Hispanic or Latino, White (not Hispanic or Latino) Black or African American (not Hispanic or Latino), Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander (not Hispanic or Latino), Asian (not Hispanic or Latino), Native American or Alaska Native (not Hispanic or Latino), Two or more races (not Hispanic or Latino)
ZACH is intending to operate as a fully vaccinated workplace and following CDC guidelines for being up to date on vaccinations, as well as Austin Public Health recommendations.
Rate: $17.50 – $19.00 an hour, including 100% employer paid healthcare premium for employee
Come work at ZACH!
• Be a part of an artistic community of Austin, for Austin, by Austin with over 100 years of producing in the Austin area
• Featuring three theaters: a 420 Proscenium Theatre, 225 Seat Thrust, and 100 Seat Arena
• 20,000 sq ft offsite Scenic Studios with dedicated Carpentry, Welding, Paints, and Props Shops as well as on site Prop Storage
• Commitment to artistically inspiring and innovative work including New Works, Regional and World Premieres, and Theater for Young Audiences