To construct scenery and set pieces in accordance with plans provided by technical management; includes carpentry, welding, work with plastics, foams, fabrics, or other materials (conventional and unconventional).
Great Benefits Offered!
– Employer Paid Healthcare
– Paid Vacation, Personal & Sick Time
– 401k Matching Program
– Free Tickets to Shows
● Construct scenery and set pieces as instructed by the Production and Technical Director, Scenic Studios Supervisor, or ATD – Drafting.
● Help lead overhire crews on specific projects or operations without direct supervision.
● Install scenery on stage including mechanically moving pieces, stationary pieces, and flying pieces.
● Prepare area around the stage; which could include special railings, stage extensions, seat installation, and other duties that could pertain to any specific production.
● Participate in the strike of the set at the end of the performance run.
● Assist other departments as time and production allow.
● Cleaning up after specific duties are performed, and assist in cleaning all areas of the shop floor or stage areas.
● Broad knowledge of carpentry tools and techniques.
● Broad knowledge of metal working tools and techniques.
● Broad knowledge of rigging hardware and application.
● Basic knowledge of knots.
● Basic knowledge of single purchase flyrail systems.
● Ability to understand construction drawings and execute them.
● Ability to work as a team member and maintain a positive attitude in times of stress.
● Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
● Special Events: Works with Production and Technical Director and Scenic Studios Supervisor in the logistics and technical requirements of company events.
● Rental Program: Support technical needs of the facility rental program.
● Be available to attend safety orientation training annually.
● All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of ZACH Theatre.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
● Ability to lift, push, pull or otherwise maneuver up to 70 lbs repeatedly, either alone or with assistance.
● Comfortable working on ladders, mechanical lifts, or heights up to 57ft in the grid.
● Comfortable working in confined spaces.
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
● 2 Years Professional Carpentry, Welding, or combination of education and work experience that yields the required skills and abilities OR B.A in Theatre with an emphasis on scenic construction
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
● Ability to follow instructions when given.
● Basic knowledge of foam materials and how to work with them.
● Ability to prioritize projects in order to assure completion as scheduled.
● Basic understanding of geometric and mathematical principles.
● Knowledge of a wide variety of hand, power, and industrial tools.
● Knowledge of PPE, and commonly used safety equipment.
● Ability to maintain a safe working environment.
Salary: $15.50 – $16.80
To apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com.
As part of our commitment to ensuring an equitable, diverse and inclusive workforce we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the following categories in a cover letter or note that you include in your email:
Gender: Woman, Man, Genderqueer/Gender non-binary, prefer to self-describe
Pronouns: Please include your pronouns.
Ethnicity: Hispanic or Latino, White (not Hispanic or Latino) Black or African American (not Hispanic or Latino), Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander (not Hispanic or Latino), Asian (not Hispanic or Latino), Native American or Alaska Native (not Hispanic or Latino), Two or more races (not Hispanic or Latino)
Actor’s Equity Association has set up strict guidelines that must be followed to allow Equity Actors members to work in future productions. ZACH is intending to operate as a fully vaccinated workplace per the guidance issued by Actors Equity.