We are a small but hearty PR | Design | Strategy firm founded in Austin a decade ago and known for our expertise in cultural, creative and entrepreneurial realms. We’re discerning about what projects we take on and everybody on the team gets a say in the work we do. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We pride ourselves on our integrity, our ability to stand up for what is right, and to have each other’s backs always.
This position supports company operations by maintaining office systems and project management. Direct Supervisor: Project Director; Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-1pm
Core duties or tasks that are fundamental to the performance of this job:
· Maintains office efficiency by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
· Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
· Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information;
· Supports human resources functions by recruiting, selecting, and orienting employees;
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
· Communicates clearly, courteously, and in a timely manner to all parties in Wyatt Brand client projects;
· Assures phone, mail, and general email messages are checked and directed appropriately on a regular basis.
· Couriering files and supplies including but not limited to bank drops, check collection, post office, etc.
· Drafting contracts and assisting in the onboarding of new clients;
· Attends weekly team meetings for aforementioned duties as well as Basecamp documentation of tasks/deadlines.
· Fulfills limited executive assistant duties for Business Director and Creative Director such as meetings, travel, and correspondence.
· Limited creative and event work with PR and design projects, in the office and at events – as available respective to other duties.
· Correspond with subtenants of suite 101 and the property management.
· Be accountable for each of your decisions and be apprised of all accounts. Keep Project Director informed of all pertinent issues, changes, and plans;
· Provide general orientation to interns and new hires;
· Contribute to and provide team spirit in a positive working environment while embracing the unique rhythm, timing, resources, and settings that come with working at a small, ambitious, creative agency;
· Behave in an honest, open and ethical manner as a representative of Wyatt Brand while always remaining true to yourself;
· As a member of our team, exercise the utmost tact and discretion when communicating about sensitive aspects of company business decisions such as client roster and fees, current/past/employee information, salaries, and plans of Wyatt Brand.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree (or comparable study/job experience);
· 2-4 years of direct experience in organizational role(s) within an office;
· Exemplary people skills with the ability to use tact, discretion, and good judgment in client relations and human resources settings;
· Experience communicating directly with clients;
· Ability to “think on your feet” while still carefully attending to details;
· Proficiency in the use of MS Office, Social Media Tools, Email, Google, and the Mac platform;
· Supply Management, Informing Others, Delegation
GET IN TOUCH
If you see yourself in this setting, send a cover letter and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re offering a contract position with 90-180 day period to probable hourly salary hire with merit raises considered annually from hire date. Pay is dependent on experience and commensurate with a locally-based boutique agency working with small business and nonprofit clients. Compensation: $14-15/hour, paychecks semi-monthly.
Job Type: PT (20 hours/week) Contract with 6 month period to hourly salary hire