ZACH Theatre seeks an experienced full-time Academic Coach for the ZACH Performing Arts Academy and our summer camps. The Academic Coach will be an essential part of the student’s virtual academic journey. The primary purpose of the Academic Coach is to provide families with support throughout their academic process. The Academic Coach will also assist with administrative duties for the Education Department, mainly assisting with registrations in our database and some customer service duties with parents.
During the summer, the position will shift to summer camp. This will include taking on administrative duties, helping with student issues, and communicating with families.
The Academic Coach and Education Coordinator reports to the Director of Education.
In partnership with accredited virtual schools, ZACH offers a well-rounded academic and artistic program to students during the school day. Students now have the opportunity to have affordable, private education that allows more time for artistic training, creative projects, professional opportunities, and travel. This results in a flexible school model for students to compete at an elite artistic and academic level.
Great Benefits Offered!
– 100% Paid Employer Healthcare Premiums for Employee
– Paid Vacation, Personal & Sick Time
– 401k Matching Program
– Free Parking
– Free Tickets to Shows
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● The Academic Coach will be on site at the ZACH Main campus from 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 24 hours per week. The additional 16 hours of admin will be on either Friday or Saturday depending on the needs of the job.
● The Coach will be the person who, in consultation with the student, parents, and the student’s primary virtual teachers, is primarily responsible for providing supplemental academic and organizational support.
● The Coach will be responsible for mapping out each student’s academic schedule, helping students stay on task and creating a structure for classroom management.
● The successful candidate will bring professional values that strengthen inclusion, diversity, equality, and kindness in the classroom.
● The Coach will send weekly email updates to parents that will include information about upcoming events and schedules.
● The Coach will attend Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) meetings and be the direct contact for the PTO. They will work with the PTO to coordinate Academy events “Teacher Appreciation week”, “Holiday Events”, Graduation, etc.
● The Coach will Coordinate space calendar needs for students and teachers.
● The Coach will schedule appropriate breaks and will supervise students during downtime.
● The Coach will act as a supervisor for our summer camps.
● The Coach will help the Education Department with simple administrative tasks as needed.
● The successful candidate is expected to hold a BA, Teaching Certificate in Education, theatre arts, or hold a terminal degree related to these fields.
● The candidate must have experience in education/teaching.
● Preferred experience with Middle school and/or high school curriculum.
● Preferred experience with tutoring ages 6th-12th grade.
● Preferred experience in working with diverse student populations.
● Ability to solve problems with creativity and efficiency.
● Excellent planning and organizational skills.
● Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in oral and written communication on a group level.
● Ability to listen effectively to staff in identifying and resolving challenges.
● Ability to manage multiple priorities to ensure work is completed in a timely and productive manner.
● Knowledge of Microsoft products, including Word and Excel.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality.
● Ability and commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class, and immigrant status.
TO APPLY: Send resume detailing experience in teaching to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website to view full description and benefits: https://zachtheatre.org/about-us/work-with-us/working-at-zach/
As part of our commitment to ensuring an equitable, diverse and inclusive workforce we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the following categories in a cover letter or note that you include in your email:
Gender: Woman, Man, Genderqueer/Gender non-binary, prefer to self-describe
Pronouns: Please include your pronouns.
Ethnicity: Hispanic or Latino, White (not Hispanic or Latino) Black or African American (not Hispanic or Latino), Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander (not Hispanic or Latino), Asian (not Hispanic or Latino), Native American or Alaska Native (not Hispanic or Latino), Two or more races (not Hispanic or Latino)
ZACH is intending to operate as a fully vaccinated workplace and following CDC guidelines for being up to date on vaccinations, as well as Austin Public Health recommendations.
Rate: $32,000 – $38,000, including 100% employer paid healthcare premium for employee
Come work at ZACH!
• Be a part of an artistic community of Austin, for Austin, by Austin with over 100 years of producing in the Austin area
• Featuring three theaters: a 420 Proscenium Theatre, 225 Seat Thrust, and 100 Seat Arena
• 20,000 sq ft offsite Scenic Studios with dedicated Carpentry, Welding, Paints, and Props Shops as well as on site Prop Storage
• Commitment to artistically inspiring and innovative work including New Works, Regional and World Premieres, and Theater for Young Audiences