Job Title: Advancement Operations Coordinator
Department: Advancement Services
Reports To: Advancement Operations Manager
Classification: Full-time, Non-exempt
Date: November 2020
The Advancement Operations Coordinator serves as a central office administrator for Houston Grand Opera’s Advancement departments, performing tasks that help maintain consistency and efficiency in the workplace. With an emphasis on daily process maintenance, this position plays a vital role in the daily operations by assisting all with departmental administrative needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide administrative support to the Chief Advancement Officer: accepting correspondence, calendar management, data entry, record keeping, plans maintenance
• Maintain accurate and up to date production funder listings: Opera Cues, surtitles, banners • Oversee invitations and mailings working closely with the Creative Manager to submit creative briefs
• Fulfill donor benefits (organizing tickets, dinners, events, recognition and promotion, etc.)
• Establish and maintain an efficient filing system for records. This includes managing grant-related records, database plans, and tracking receipt confirmation for all mailed and emailed materials.
• Update and maintain Institutional proposal attachments, including Board and donor lists, biographies of key personnel, repertoire lists, copies of critical reviews and press, statistics, etc.
• Coordinate all aspects of Founders Salon pre-production entertaining during repertory periods
• Create and manage performance duty schedule for Development staff
• Keep Institutional plan information accurate and up to date by attending monthly IG meetings
• Manage special projects, as assigned by the Advancement Operations Manager
• Oversee Donor Services and Patron Services email accounts, processing correspondence daily
• Manage daily tasks designed for routine occurrence:
o Daily Activity Report
o Donor acknowledgement letters
o Track event RSVPs
o Mail, courier, shipping needs
o Welcome packets
o Gather and submit supply orders for Advancement departments; order staff name tags and business cards
Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years of Administrative or Executive Assistance experience required. Applicant must have proven ability to multi-task and successfully coordinate multiple projects at once. Must be comfortable working with technology and standard Microsoft office systems. Ability to communicate accurately and clearly both orally and in writing is required. Applicant must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
To apply for this position, please visit Houston Grand Opera’s job board at http://www.houstongrandopera.org/work. RESUMES ACCEPTED UNTIL FILLED.
Houston Grand Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex creed, religion, national origin, sexual preference, age, non-job-related disability, or marital status.