ZACH Theatre believes that diverse ideas, cultures, and traditions reflect our community and enhance our insights into the work we present on stage. We are committed to diversity and inclusivity in all areas of our work, including play selection, casting, marketing and public relations efforts, education programs, strategic recruitment of staff, artisans, technicians, and volunteers, and the composition of the Board of Directors. People of color and members of underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.
POSITION SUMMARY: In charge of the on time and on budget execution of Scenery for Main Stage, Education and Event productions under the leadership of the Production & Technical Director. This position works in conjunction with the Production & Technical Director and Stage Operations Supervisor in order to achieve high pace and safe scenery change overs. Maintains budgets, creates calendars, schedules, hires and supervises technical personnel for all operations at the Nowlin-Renaud Scenic Studios, including Scenery, Paints, and Props shops.
• Supervises the Nowlin-Renaud Scenic Studios project management of the Scenic, Paint, and Props shops including the building and delivery of all scenery, props, and special effects for all productions under the leadership of the Production & Technical Director. This includes Scenic construction, scenic painting, scenic automation, and properties construction and painting.
• Implements Nowlin-Renaud Scenic Studios workplace safety program and develops new protocols and processes to maintain safe and best practices in a dynamic workplace, including holding weekly meetings about safety and current productions
• Supervises all staff of the Nowlin-Renuad Scenic Studios including approval of time sheets, PTO requests, performance feedback and review, and hiring/termination of full-time, part-time, and temporary part-time staff
• Maintains all production equipment, tools, and stock goods, furniture, and scenery at the Nowlin-Renaud Scenic Studios
• Coordinates all facility repairs, maintenance, inspections, and compliance of the Scenic Studios in coordination with the ZACH Facilities Director
• Works effectively with the Production & Technical Director, Stage Operations Supervisor, and other departments to coordinate and achieve safe, efficient, and high paced changeovers
• Keeps the Production & Technical Director informed of any problems within the Scenery Department via weekly budget updates and general sharing of information
• Oversees FIFO Materials Inventory system for Scenic Studios
• Development and maintenance of production and show budgets, as well as the submission of receipts to Finance on deadline
• Serves as Associate Technical Director in absence of Production & Technical Director
• Assists the Production & Technical Director in the development of engineering and construction solutions for production design, including automation solutions, structural design, and material specification and procurement
• Responsible for the development of build schedules and estimates in coordination with the Production & Technical Director
• Supervises the execution of technical and construction drawings by the Draftsperson/Foreman for all Scenic, Paints, and Properties
• Attends Load In, Technical and Dress Rehearsals, and Design Meetings at Production & Technical Director’s direction
Please see our website for full description and salary information: https://zachtheatre.org/about-us/work-with-us/working-at-zach/