Rockport Center for the Arts Announces Search for Communications Manager
A challenging yet rewarding opportunity awaits the right individual with a passion for communication, marketing and the Arts.
Rockport Center for the Arts (RCA), a vibrant and prestigious multi-disciplinary arts organization celebrates 54 years of operation in 2023. Poised for growth, the organization has just opened a brand-new campus in the heart of Downtown Rockport that features state-of-the-art education, exhibition, as well as new culinary arts, performing arts and conference space. The project will transform downtown while significantly increasing operations for the Center, particularly with the additional of a venue center that will be the home for new RCA cultural arts programming as well as available to rent to the public. In preparation for dynamic growth, the organization seeks a communications and marketing minded individual to join the staff team to manage all aspects of the organization’s internal and external communications.
Position Announcement: January 4, 2023
Title: Communications Manager
Reports To: Deputy Director
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Timeline: Open until Filled
The Communication Manager will manage all aspects of the organization’s internal and external communications. The primary role of the Communications Manager is developing marketing strategies to advance organizational support through increased brand awareness, audience growth, membership, and private contributions and corporate sponsorships.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Work closely with management team to develop and implement strategic communications plans that aim to generate increased awareness for Rockport Center for the Arts to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Serve as chief copywriter for all communications across all channels including web, print, digital, email, social, etc.
• Manage digital presence, including the RCA website, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant
• Assist with creating all digital and print marketing materials including membership newsletters, eblasts, social media posts, class and workshop catalogs, exhibit catalogs, event programs, postcards, fundraising documents, etc.
• Monitor media coverage on events and media releases that were issued and create press clippings.
• Act as the primary relationship manager for organization’s graphic designer/s, video editor/s, and photographer/s, ensuring timely, high quality, innovative project completion for a variety of marketing and communications projects while ensuring captured content is optimally brand and strategy aligned
• Maintain organization’s digital graphics, videos, photos files
• Cultivate community partnerships, especially with marketing partners and local and regional media outlets.
• Attend all exhibit openings and RCA signature events including Rockport Art Festival, Spring Art Fair, Rockport Film Festival and the Silver Meltdown Jewelry Show and Sale.
• Assist with signature events and projects as identified and requested by management team.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, advertising, English, creative writing or other related field required.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills required.
• Highly organized, self-starter, detail orientation required including proven organizational skills, with strong ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects, work independently, demonstrate initiative and perform under pressure required.
• Teamwork, interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop good relationships with internal and external contacts and to work collaboratively with diverse constituencies including people from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media applications required.
• Proficiency in email marketing, website management and graphic design creation preferred.
• Demonstrated enthusiasm and passion for the Arts required.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Regular workweek schedule is Monday through Friday with periodic evenings and weekends, particularly tied to signature events and exhibit openings.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use their hands and arms to handle, reach, or feel; and talk and hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move items weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Full-time position. Competitive salary based on experience. Benefits include paid time off and employee health insurance provided and covered at 100% with option to add Vision and Dental coverage at employee’s expense. Employer will provide professional development opportunities. Employment is at will with a six-month evaluation/introductory period.
For more information about Rockport Center for the Arts, please visit www.rockportartcenter.com. No phone calls, please.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, a resume, three professional writing samples, three professional references (no personal references), and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.