Rockport Center for the Arts Announces Search for Education Coordinator
A challenging yet rewarding opportunity awaits the right individual with a passion for arts education for adults and youth.
Rockport Center for the Arts (RCA), a vibrant and prestigious multi-disciplinary arts organization celebrates 52 years of operation in 2021. Poised for growth, the organization is in the process of constructing a campus in the heart of Downtown Rockport that will feature state-of-the-art education, exhibit, performance and conference spaces. The project is slated for completion in August 2022 and will transform downtown while significantly increasing operations for the Center. In preparation for dynamic growth, the organization seeks a creative, energetic, and inspired individual to join the staff team and lead youth and adult education programming.
Title: Education Coordinator
Reports To: Deputy Director
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Education Coordinator leads the work of the educational pillar of Rockport Center for the Arts. The Education Coordinator is responsible for designing and implementing innovative educational experiences for youth, young adults, and adults to further the mission and strategic vision of RCA. Adult programming includes year-round classes and workshops for adult learners including an annual resident artist program co-coordinated with RCA’s Curator. Youth programming includes youth summer camps, FREE Family Saturdays, an annual art educator conference, and field trip and outreach activities in local schools and child care facilities.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Under the supervision of the Deputy Director, the responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
• Work closely with Deputy Director and RCA Education Committee to plan and execute a strategic, well-balanced schedule for education & outreach programs while striving for program growth
• Serve as primary staff representative to RCA Education Committee.
• Design and Implement Adult Classes & Workshops throughout the year including: instructor identification, room scheduling, class pricing, course descriptions and supply lists, website population, promotion and registrar tasks.
• Design and Implement annual youth summer camps including supervision of paid camp staff and high school student volunteers.
• Design and Implement FREE Family Saturdays during academic year including supervision of any program volunteers and contractors.
• Design and Implement Annual Art Educator Days, Art Teacher In-service Conference.
• Work in collaboration with RCA Curator on the design and implementation of visiting artist programming including Penny Redmon and Artist in Residence series.
• Work with community partners to create engaging Field Trip & Outreach programming for PK-High school students
• Supervise contractors, interns and volunteers that will help in execution of all education programs
• Manage art supply inventory for all education programs
• Cultivate community partnerships, especially with local schools, child care facilities and area non profits
• Attend all exhibit openings and RCA signature events including Rockport Art Festival, Spring Art Fair, Rockport Film Festival and the Silver Meltdown Jewelry Show and Sale.
• Assist with signature events and projects as identified and requested by Executive and/or Deputy Director.
The ideal candidate will also be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities
• Negotiate, prepare, administer, and monitor MOAs/agreements with contractors involved in the delivery of programs.
• Develop and manage all budgets, expenditures and data related to education programs.
• Assist the Development committee in identifying and cultivating program underwriters and sponsors.
• Write Grants and assist with funding appeals for youth programs
• Actively participate in promoting and marketing programs, including creation and dispersal of promotional materials both in print and online.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications & Requirements
• High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in Arts Management, Arts Education, Specific field of art or other related field preferred.
• A minimum of two years’ experience in education administration, arts education, or museum or relevant non-profit sector work preferred.
• Teamwork, interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop good relationships with internal and external contacts and to work collaboratively with diverse constituencies including people from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds required
• Experience with parents, teachers, and students with the ability to react quickly and communicate effectively in time sensitive situations required.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills required.
• Highly organized, self-starter, detail orientation required including proven organizational skills, with strong ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects, work independently, demonstrate initiative and perform under pressure.
• Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
• Proficiency in database management, website management, graphic design preferred.
• Demonstrated enthusiasm and passion for the arts required.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Regular workweek schedule is Monday through Friday with periodic evenings and weekends, particularly tied to weekend workshops, FREE Family Saturdays, signature events and exhibit openings.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use their hands and arms to handle, reach, or feel; and talk and hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Artist Instructor Contractors
• Summer Camp Staff
• Education program Interns & Volunteers
Full-time position. Competitive salary based on experience. Benefits include paid time off and employee health insurance provided and covered at 100% with option to add Vision and Dental coverage at employee’s expense. Employer will provide professional development opportunities. Employment is at will with a six-month evaluation/introductory period.
For more information about Rockport Center for the Arts, please visit http://www.rockportartcenter.com. No phone calls, please.
To apply please submit a letter, a CV, three professional references (no personal references), and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rockport Center for the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.