Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Classification: Fulltime, Exempt
Date: September 2021
The Human Resources Generalist will support all aspects of human resources, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employee relations, compliance, benefit and compensation, HRIS maintenance and special projects. This position must possess human resources knowledge and administrative skills to support day-to-day operations. It will work closely with the Director of Human Resources to ensure the highest level of service is provided to our internal and external customers. The HR Generalist performs specialized tasks for human resources related programs, policies and initiatives.
• Provide guidance and interpretation of HR policies, processes and procedures.
• Manage on-boarding and off-boarding employees/volunteers/interns.
• Assists with the administration of confidential personnel files and personnel actions.
• Maintains the HRIS (Paycom) to ensure accuracy and data integrity and generates reports as needed
• Coordinates recruiting efforts (creates and manages company job postings; conducts initial interviews, reference checks and verifications; schedules interviews; prepares offer letters; performs other tasks as needed).
• Supports the performance management and employee development process.
• Assists the Director of Human Resources with HR projects as needed.
• Administers employee benefit plans (reconciles monthly benefits invoices; coordinates the annual open enrollment meetings, educational seminars, and related communications; completes other tasks as needed).
• Manages the administrative needs of Worker’s Compensation.
• Serves as a member of the Staff Events committee and Equity Diversity & Inclusion committee.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field required. At least one year of Human Resources experience preferred. Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in a Microsoft Windows environment. General knowledge of various employment laws and practices. Experience interviewing candidates and working knowledge of Paycom are a
strong plus. Experience in administration of benefits and other HR programs. Skills in HRIS management and record keeping.
SPECIAL JOB CHARACTERISTICS
The applicant should possess effective oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills. Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality. Excellent organizational skills. Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully. Knowledge of opera is not necessary, but passion for the arts is a must. In this position, punctual attendance is required. Bilingual a plus.
To apply for this position, please visit Houston Grand Opera’s job board at https://www.houstongrandopera.org/employment-andauditions/.
RESUMES ACCEPTED UNTIL FILLED.
Houston Grand Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race,
color, sex creed, religion, national origin, sexual preference, age, non-job-related disability, or marital status.